HAJJ PACKAGE TYPES
Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam and an obligation for all Muslim who is financially and physically bear this holy journey. Hajj is one of the biggest organisations in the World. Every year more than 2 million people gather in Mecca to perform Hajj together regardless their social status, power or wealth. If you invited by Allah (SWT) then you need to know the difference between Shifting and Non-Shifting Hajj packages.
SHIFTING HAJJ PACKAGES
In this type of Hajj, the Hajj trip is usually arranged closer to the Hajj days. Because companies sell those packages as “5-STAR SHIFTING HAJJ PACKAGE”. Therefore, the departure dates need to be arranged as close as possible to the Hajj dates in order to avoid the possible complaints in an economic hotel in Aziziyah district.
Let me make it even more clear. In Shifting Hajj, companies take hajjis to Aziziyah first, where is 5 km. away from Kaaba Shariff. They accommodate hajjis in this area in the economic hotels before the Hajj dates. Economic hotels mean that you only have a bed and food. That’s it.
After Hajj days, companies take hajjis to the 5-star hotels closer to Kaaba Shariff for a couple of days. After then, hajjis usually go to Madinah and stay another couple of days in Madinah before their return to the United Kingdom.
Eventually, people don’t have enough time to spend in Kaaba Shariff in Mecca due to the itinerary and accommodation plan. Hajjis only have a couple of days to spend full time in Kaaba.
Main disadvantages of staying in Aziziyah before Hajj days
- The distance between the hotel and Kaaba Shariff (around 5 km.)
- Having less time to spend in Kaaba Shariff for ibadah due to the distance and heavy traffic
- Lacking transportation options due to very busy Hajj period
- Very expensive taxi and shuttle bus fares
- The inconvenient atmosphere in public transportation for the ladies
NON-SHIFTING HAJJ PACKAGES
In this sort of Hajj, hajjis stay in only one hotel both in Makkah and Madinah. By doing so, they have more time to spend in Kaaba Shariff either before or after Hajj days. If a haji buys a 5-Star Non-Shifting package that means this person will only stay in 5-star hotels both in Mecca and Madinah. There are no complex details to get you confused. Please see the following main advantages of Non-Shifting Hajj packages.
Main advantages of Non-Shifting Hajj Packages
- No hotel shifting as it’s called
- Stay only one hotel both in Mecca and Madinah
- Having more time to spend in Kaaba Shariff
- Usually staying very close to the Harams in both Mecca and Madinah
- Avoiding unnecessary kerfuffle of Hajj period
- Easier group organisation